I've updated the version of Hadoop in Fedora 20 to 2.2.0. This means Hadoop 2.2.0 will be the included in the official release of Fedora 20.

Hadoop on Fedora is running against numerous updated dependencies, including:
Java 7 (OpenJDK IcedTea)
Jetty 9
Tomcat 7
Jets3t 0.9.0

I've logged/updated jiras for all the changes we've made that could be useful to the Hadoop project:

Most of the changes are minor. There are 2 big updates though: Jetty 9 (which requires java 7) and tomcat 7. These are also the most difficult patches to rebase when hadoop produces a new release.

It would be great to get some feedback on these proposed changes and discuss how/when/if these could make it into a Hadoop release.

Rob