sounds like your network is not consistent with hadoop's expections. VMs
are particularly fun here, while ubuntu's attempts to hide the truth hoops
your host up to 127.0.1.1 if you are not careful

make sure that there are hosts entries for all the machines so that they
know their own names, it matches their IP addresses, etc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE