+1 (non-binding)

* Downloaded the source tar ball, and built binaries from it successfully.
* Ran DS apps and MR jobs with emitting timeline data enabled successfully.
* Verified the generic history information, DS-specific and MR-specific
metrics were available.
* Ran the timeline server in secure mode, delegation token and domain-based
ACLs worked properly.

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Wei Yan <ywsk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Nov 11, 2014, at 2:06 PM, Robert Kanter <rkan...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Arun,
> >
> > We were testing the RC and ran into a problem with the recent fixes that
> > were done for POODLE for Tomcat (HADOOP-11217 for KMS and HDFS-7274 for
> > HttpFS).  Basically, in disabling SSLv3, we also disabled SSLv2Hello,
> which
> > is required for older clients (e.g. Java 6 with openssl 0.9.8x) so they
> > can't connect without it.  Just to be clear, it does not mean SSLv2,
> which
> > is insecure.  This also affects the MR shuffle in HADOOP-11243.
>
> For HADOOP-11243, as the shuffle happens only between NMs, it’s ok to keep
> it only support TLS.
>

> > The fix is super simple, so I think we should reopen these 3 JIRAs and
> put
> > in addendum patches and get them into 2.6.0.
> >
> > thanks
> > - Robert
> >
> > On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 1:04 PM, Ravi Prakash <ravi...@ymail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Arun!
> >> We are very close to completion on YARN-1964 (DockerContainerExecutor).
> >> I'd also like HDFS-4882 to be checked in. Do you think these issues
> merit
> >> another RC?
> >> ThanksRavi
> >>

> >>     On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 11:57 AM, Steve Loughran <
> >> ste...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> +1 binding
> >>
> >> -patched slider pom to build against 2.6.0
> >>
> >> -verified build did download, which it did at up to ~8Mbps. Faster than
> >> local build.
> >>
> >> -full clean test runs on OS/X & Linux
> >>

> >> Windows 2012:
> >>
> >> Same thing. I did have to first build my own set of the windows native
> >> binaries, by checking out branch-2.6.0; doing a native build, copying
> the
> >> binaries and then purging the local m2 repository of hadoop artifacts
> to be
> >> confident I was building against. For anyone who wants those native libs
> >> they will be up on
> >> https://github.com/apache/incubator-slider/tree/develop/bin/windows/
> once
> >> it syncs with the ASF repos.
> >>
> >> afterwords: the tests worked!

> like

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1012.

> days.

> entity
> reader
> >> that
> >> immediately
> >>>

> >> --
> >> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> >> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or
> entity to
> reader
> >> of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that
> >> received this communication in error, please contact the sender
> [...]

Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

--