I'm planning to flip the Javac language & JVM settings to java 7 this week

the latest patch also has a profile that sets the language to java8, for
the curious; one bit of code will need patching to compile there.

The plan for the change ASF-side is:

1 -switch jenkins patch/regular commits to java7
2 -apply the HADOOP-10530 patch

locally, anyone who runs Jenkins with Java 6 will have to upgrade/switch
JVM after (2), and anyone with JAVA_HOME set to a jdk 6 JDK is going to
have to edit their environment variables.

Is there anything else we need to do before the big Java 7 switch?

-Steve

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE