Fine with me, I volunteer to do this, if accepted.

On 12/11/2014 05:48 PM, Allen Wittenauer wrote:
sys_errlist was removed for a reason.  Creating a fake sys_errlist on Solaris
will mean the libhadoop.so will need to be tied a specific build
(kernel/include pairing) and therefore limits upward mobility/compatibility.
That doesn’t seem like a very good idea.

IMO, switching to strerror_r is much preferred, since other than the brain-dead
GNU libc version, is highly portable and should work regardless of the kernel
or OS in place.