I have the same interpretation as Konst on this. +1 from at least one
committer other than the author, no -1s.

I don't think there should be an exclusion for trivial patches, since the
definition of "trivial" is subjective. The exception here is CHANGES.txt,
which is something we really should get rid of.

Non-committers are still strongly encouraged to review patches even if
their +1 is not binding. Additional reviews improve code quality. Also,
when it comes to choosing new committers, one of the primary things I look
for is a history of quality code reviews.

Best,
Andrew