In addition to everything Allen has already said, which I entirely agree
with, I'll also point out that much of the focus on Hadoop security has
been related to authentication, and only somewhat more recently on
providing advanced authorization capabilities. I'll readily admit to not
knowing much about SE Linux's capabilities, but my impression is that it
wouldn't do much to be able to help out with authentication within Hadoop,
and hence wouldn't have been a realistic option when Hadoop's security work
was started many years ago.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera