This seems like a follow up to a recently added feature. I see more of these
type of patches for many new features added in 2.7.0. I'd like to avoid putting
more into the already dragged on 2.7.0. We can do two things
 - I started an email thread on common-dev on 2.7.1. If this looks like a small
server side improvement, we can get it into 2.7.1
 - Or 2.8.

Thanks
+Vinod