Just a heads up that I’ll be committing this to trunk and branch-2 here
in a bit. I’ll watch it over the next hour or two before heading off to bed.
(I’m in London at the moment.)  If there are any issues, revert and drop a note
in HADOOP-11746 with any issues.

Despite what will hopefully be obvious changes, a few things to keep your eyes
out for:

        * shellcheck won’t work until shellcheck actually gets installed on the
jenkins nodes.
        * checkstyle might give spurious errors until HADOOP-11778 is
committed, since it currently NPEs, at least in trunk.