You're absolutely right Steve.  We should get the jobs under control.

At the very least, before we move to JDK 8 in Jenkins, we should get the
Java8 nightly builds working.  I didn't realize we had these, and I had
thought all compiling and most test issues with JDK8 were already fixed
based on what HADOOP-11090 looks like; but I guess there's more.

https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/Hadoop/job/Hadoop-common-trunk-Java8/
https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/Hadoop/job/Hadoop-Hdfs-trunk-Java8/
https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/Hadoop/job/Hadoop-Mapreduce-trunk-Java8/
https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/Hadoop/job/Hadoop-Yarn-trunk-Java8/

I'll take a deeper look at these and file JIRAs as necessary later today.