Hi Alan,

I think you are right that CMAKE_LD_FLAGS has never done anything, and
setting it was always a mistake.

The uses of CMAKE_LD_FLAGS in JNIFlags.cmake are harmless, since the
-m32 option is not needed for the linker.  However, it's more
concerning that hadoop-mapreduce-client-nativetask seems to be using
this macro to set "-no-undefined -version-info 0:1:0" and some other
stuff.

Can you create a JIRA to change these uses over to the correct CMake
directive?  If you create a JIRA that makes only that change, it
should be pretty quick to review and commit.

best,
Colin