On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 10:43 PM, Alan Burlison <alan.burli...@oracle.com>
wrote:

> On 24/06/2015 04:22, Sean Busbey wrote:
>
>  Probably not (barring maven attempting to grab SNAPSHOT versions of other
>> modules while building).
>>
>> What are the machine specs like? the complete unit test set requires a
>> fair
>> bit of machine power (i.e. more than my laptop can handle).
>>

> The Linux machine is pretty old, it's a 4-core Opteron with 8Gb mem. I
> haven't attempted test runs on Solaris yet as I know they won't complete
> successfully.

I would try things out on a heavier machine then. I know that I've gotten
clean test runs when using a proper server, but never have on my 2 core /
8GB mem laptop.

This is an area where we could do a better job of setting expectations for
contributors, but I'm not sure we have good stats about what kind of build
hardware is needed for a full build. Hopefully it's less than the H*
builds.apache machines. :)

--
Sean