Strong +1 for having a 2.6.1 release. I understand Vinod has been trying to
get that effort going but it's been stalled a little bit. It would be good
to rekindle that effort.

Companies with big hadoop 2.x deployments (including mine) have always
tried to stabilize a 2.x release by testing/collecting/researching critical
issues on the release. Each would come up with its own set of fixes to
backport. We would also communicate it via offline channels. During the
hadoop summit, we thought it would be great if we all came together and
create a public stability/bugfix release on top of 2.x (2.6.1 for 2.6 for
example) with all the critical issues fixed.

Thanks,
Sangjin