> On 22 Sep 2015, at 12:16, Brahma Reddy Battula
> <brahmareddy.batt...@huawei.com> wrote:
>
> After using timestamped jars, hadoop-hdfs module might still continue to use
> earlier timestamped jars (correct) and may complete run.But later modules
> might refer to updated jars which are from some other build.

why?

If I do a build with a forced mvn versions set first,

mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=3.0.0.20120922155143

then maven will go through all the poms and set the version.

the main source of trouble there would be any patch to a pom whose diff was
close enough to the version value that the patch wouldn't apply