Hi Xiao,

> From a quick comparison between the releasenotes.html and the CHANGES.txt
> files in source tarball, the number of total JIRAs is quite different.

In CHANGES.txt, JIRAs fixed in 2.6.1/2.6.2 are not in 2.7.2.
That is why the number of JIRAs are different.

Regards,
Akira

On 1/16/16 09:11, Xiao Chen wrote:
Thanks Vinod for preparing the release package.

+1 (non-binding).

I verified the following:

    - Successfully downloaded source tarball, verified md5
    - Ran `mvn apache-rat:check` on source tarball, passed
    - Successfully built from source tarball
    - Successfully started a pseudo distributed cluster
    - Ran some basic hdfs operations, then successfully ran a distcp

1 question:
 From a quick comparison between the releasenotes.html and the CHANGES.txt
files in source tarball, the number of total JIRAs is quite different.
Seems like CHANGES.txt misses some of the fixes, because Searching
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-4434?jql=project%20in%20(HDFS%2C%20HADOOP%2C%20MAPREDUCE%2C%20YARN)%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Fixed%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.7.2>
'project
in (HDFS, HADOOP, MAPREDUCE, YARN) AND resolution = Fixed AND fixVersion =
2.7.2' from JIRA agrees with releasenotes.html (count=155).

Here is how I did the check:

    -  cat ~/Downloads/releasenotes.html |grep "
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/"; | awk -F ">" '{print $3}'|awk -F "<"
    '{print $1}' |wc -l

              returns 155

    - for f in `find . -name CHANGES.txt |grep -v target`; do cat $f |grep
    -B 10000 "Release 2.7.1" |grep .*-[0-9] |grep -v "Release 2.7" ; done|wc -l

             returns 103

I'm not sure whether this is a problem or not.
Best,
-Xiao

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 8:57 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org