But if I don't use ApplicationClassLoader, my java app is basically screwed
then, right?

Also:  right now, the non-Linux and/or non-x86 platforms have to supply their
own leveldbjni jar (or at least the C level library?) in order to make YARN
even functional.  How is that going to work with the class path manipulation?