Big +1 from me. Better docs are incredibly helpful for our users and new
contributors. This cleanup would be a great contribution.

If anyone else is looking for a side project, the website could also badly
use a refresh. There aren't actually that many pages:

-> % find author -name "*.xml"
author/src/documentation/skinconf.xml
author/src/documentation/content/xdocs/index.xml
author/src/documentation/content/xdocs/releases.xml
author/src/documentation/content/xdocs/who.xml
author/src/documentation/content/xdocs/privacy_policy.xml
author/src/documentation/content/xdocs/site.xml
author/src/documentation/content/xdocs/version_control.xml
author/src/documentation/content/xdocs/tabs.xml
author/src/documentation/content/xdocs/bylaws.xml
author/src/documentation/content/xdocs/issue_tracking.xml
author/src/documentation/content/xdocs/mailing_lists.xml
author/src/documentation/skins/common/translations/CommonMessages_es.xml
author/src/documentation/skins/common/translations/CommonMessages_en_US.xml
author/src/documentation/skins/common/translations/CommonMessages_fr.xml
author/src/documentation/skins/common/translations/CommonMessages_de.xml