I got silence from HDFS dev here, so I'm raising it on common dev.

Why is HDFS tagging as deprecated " io.bytes.per.checksum ", given its an
option being set in core-default, and used by other filesystems?

>INFO  Configuration.deprecation
>(Configuration.java:warnOnceIfDeprecated(1182)) - io.bytes.per.checksum is
>deprecated. Instead, use dfs.bytes-per-checksum

I don't see why it should be deprecated. If it isn't what HDFS likes, then the
code there could be smarter: look for the dfs value, and if not found then grab
the io.bytes one —warning the user.

I will volunteer to write this code if I get a promise that someone agrees with
the premise and is willing to help nurture it in.

Begin forwarded message: