On 11/5/16 1:36 AM, Brahma Reddy Battula wrote:
When we look at current git log,commit message patters are like following..

I feel, we should have unified one. Might not be very important,but it will be
better have unified one.

a).    (Contributed by XXX via YYY)
b).   (XXX via YYY)
c).   Contributed by XXX
d).  Contributed by XXX.

Pattern 2 should be fine.

I agree. Pattern 2 is fine, but the "via" is redundant with the info already given by git. Just "(XXX)" would be enough.

and one more thing how about author name as contributor name while committing..?

Full name is most readable, but we have some collisions in the community. Email address is unique, but perhaps too unique as many contributors have changed email addresses over the years. Username is also unique and may be the best answer, even though it's not as readable as a name. It's also how the committer is included in the log by git.

Daniel