Thank you very much for your feedback. I am opening the following JIRAs:

1. Create dev-support scripts to do the bulk jira updates required by the
releases (check remaining jiras, update fix versions, etc.)

2. Create a 'wizzard' like script which guide through the release process (all
the steps from the wiki pages, not just a build. But it may be an extension of
the existing script):

  Goals:
  * It would work even without the apache infrastructure: with custom
configuration (forked repositories/alternative nexus), it would be possible to
test the scripts even by a non-commiter.
  * every step which could be automated should be scripted (create git
branches, build,...). if something could be not automated there an explanation
could be printed out, and wait for confirmation
  * Before dangerous steps (eg. bulk jira update) we can ask for confirmation
and explain what will be happened (eg. the following jira items will be
changed: ....)
  * The run should be idempontent (and there should be an option to continue
the release from any steps).

3. Migrate the forrest based home page to a use a modern static site generator.

  Goals: * existing links should work (or at least redirected)
             * It should be easy to add more content required by a release
automatically

4. It's not about the release, but I think the current maven site theme also
could be updated to use a (more modern) theme, which could be similar to the
main site from step 3.

Let me know if you have any other suggestion for actionable items. Or comment
the Jiras if you have more specific requirements.

Marton

ps: Vinod, I will contact with you, soon.