+1 (non-binding)

- Verified checksum and signature of source and binary tarballs
- Built from source, macOS Sierra 10.12.3 and RHEL 6.6, Oracle JDK 1.8.0_72
- Ran basic HDFS commands and some MR example jobs (using 2.7.4 client) against
a 2.6.1 cluster
- Started MiniCluster, ran basic HDFS commands and some MR example jobs as well
as some MR jobs compiled against 2.6.1

Erik