Hi All,
I would like to bring up the discussion of merging yarn-native-services branch
into trunk in a few weeks. There are a few issues left under YARN-5079 that are
being actively worked upon. As soon as they are resolved, we plan on start a
vote hopefully in next 2 weeks. The goal is to get this in for hadoop3 beta.

The major work in this branch include below umbrella jiras:
 - YARN-5079. A native YARN framework (ApplicationMaster) to migrate and
orchestrate existing services to YARN either docker or non-docker based.
 - YARN-4793. A Rest API server for user to deploy a service via a simple JSON
spec
 - YARN-4757. Extending today's service registry with a simple DNS service to
enable users to discover services deployed on YARN
 - YARN-6419. UI support for native-services on the new YARN UI
All these new services are optional and have to be explicitly enabled.

Special thanks to a team of folks who worked hard towards this: Billie Rinaldi,
Gour Saha, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli, Jonathan Maron, Rohith Sharma K S, Sunil G,
Akhil PB. This effort could not be possible without their ideas and hard work.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

Jian