> On Aug 8, 2018, at 12:56 PM, Anu Engineer <aengin...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone verified that a Hadoop release doesn't have _any_ of the extra
>> ozone bits that are sprinkled outside the maven modules?
> As far as I know that is the state, we have had multiple Hadoop releases
> after ozone has been merged. So far no one has reported Ozone bits leaking
> into Hadoop. If we find something like that, it would be a bug.

        There hasn't been a release from a branch where Ozone has been merged
yet. The first one will be 3.2.0.  Running create-release off of trunk
presently shows bits of Ozone in dev-support, hadoop-dist, and elsewhere in the
Hadoop source tar ball.

        So, consider this as a report. IMHO, cutting an Ozone release prior to
a Hadoop release ill-advised given the distribution impact and the requirements
of the merge vote.