From: Sunil G <sun...@apache.org>
Date: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 1:31 AM
To: Yufei Gu <flyrain...@gmail.com>
Cc: Daniel Templeton <dan...@cloudera.com>, YANG WEIWEI
<cheersy...@hotmail.com>, "zsc19940...@outlook.com" <zsc19940...@outlook.com>,
Hadoop Common <common-dev@hadoop.apache.org>, Wangda Tan <wheele...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: YARN SLS improving idea

Hi Sichen

1. Add input support for the scheduling request format.
Yes. I suppose this change is in SLS end (client to generate requests)
2. Add support for scheduling request resource format in NMSim.
Makes sense.
3. Adding scheduling request support for the Capacity Scheduler(maybe it is
already done in current version).
This support is already there.

Adding to this, major challenge is to specify constrains per app level and
verifying results. I also suggest to cross check the scheduler invariants check
support added as per YARN-6547 and see how we can incorporate same to predict
o/p

- Sunil

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 10:39 PM Yufei Gu