On 12/14/18 6:50 AM, Akira Ajisaka wrote:
Hi ASF infrastructure team,

Could you answer the following questions?

* Is it an atomic move? Or will both repos live at the same time?

Pretty much atomic. Depending on the size of the repos, it will take up to a few minutes for the move to happen. You will not be able to push to git-wip while the move is in progress, so there is no chance of 'split brain' issues here.

* Do we need a stop-the-world period and messaging sent out?
* When do the git-wip repos get deleted and/or stop getting updates?

git-wip repos are put in write-only mode, and removed once the migration has completed, which usually takes around a minute or two. the git-wip URL will stop working, so you will have to change remotes to the new gitbox URL.

Regards,
Akira