By separating Hadoop docker related build into a separate git repository have
some slippery slope.  It is harder to synchronize the changes between two
separate source trees.  There is multi-steps process to build jar, tarball, and
docker images.  This might be problematic to reproduce.

It would be best to arrange code such that docker image build process can be
invoked as part of maven build process.  The profile is activated only if
docker is installed and running on the environment.  This allows to produce
jar, tarball, and docker images all at once without hindering existing build
procedure.

YARN-7129 is one of the examples that making a subproject in YARN to build a
docker image that can run in YARN.  It automatically detects presence of docker
and build docker image when docker is available.  If docker is not running, the
subproject skips and proceed to next sub-project.  Please try out YARN-7129
style of build process, and see this is a possible solution to solve docker
image generation issue?  Thanks

Regards,
Eric

    I’ve requested a new repo hadoop-docker-ozone.git in gitbox.