Thank you Steve for your reply.

> I'f you haven't guessed, Kerberos is an eternal support of pain and suffering
Agreed. But it hurt us further when our utilities don’t behave in the way they
are expected to be.

> Any change must be matched with clarifications the hadoop security docs, and
> KDiag extended to provide extra information about the source of the cache.
Understood. I’ll keep this in mind.

> One big risk here is over regressions across versions of clients
Yes, agreed again. We can keep the current behavior intact and introduce this
change as a configurable option. I believe more Kerberos admins would like to
opt for this as this is how any Kerberos client is expected to work.

Suggestions/ comments?

Regards,
Vipin