Great question!
Currently Pacific Daylight Saving Time is UTC-7, and Pacific Standard Time,
UTC-8 doesn't start until November 3rd.
I am being too US-centric, but if the purpose is to invite more people,
where many of them are US west coast based, we should do this following the
US pacific time zone (probably more specifically, California)

So GMT-7 it is.