thanks

pulling in a few of the recent changes which seem needed/important, now
wondering about the javadocs.

i will add a new probe for this in our automated release ant bulld so we
can't cut a release without that
https://github.com/steveloughran/validate-hadoop-client-artifacts

On Mon, 2 Jan 2023 at 15:47, Masatake Iwasaki <iwasak...@oss.nttdata.com>
wrote:

> >    - building HBase 2.4.13 and Hive 3.1.3 against 3.3.5 failed due to
> dependency change.
>
> For HBase, classes under com/sun/jersey/json/* and com/sun/xml/* are not
> expected in hbase-shaded-with-hadoop-check-invariants.
> Updating hbase-shaded/pom.xml is expected to be the fix as done in
> HBASE-27292.
>
> https://github.com/apache/hbase/commit/00612106b5fa78a0dd198cbcaab610bd8b1be277

are we adding some new dependencies from somewhere then? i never even knew
there was a com.sun.json module

hey, imagine if there was a single, standard, json library with a minimal
O/J mapping (strings, numbers, arrays and maps) -we'd be able to cut out
all of jackson, gson, jettison and maybe even avoid the eternal
jackson-databind CVE homework

>    [INFO] --- exec-maven-plugin:1.6.0:exec
> (check-jar-contents-for-stuff-with-hadoop) @
> hbase-shaded-with-hadoop-check-invariants ---
>    [ERROR] Found artifact with unexpected contents:
> '/home/rocky/srcs/bigtop/build/hbase/rpm/BUILD/hbase-2.4.13/hbase-shaded/hbase-shaded-client/target/hbase-shaded-client-2.4.13.jar'
>        Please check the following and either correct the build or update
>        the allowed list with reasoning.
>
>        com/
>        com/sun/
>        com/sun/jersey/
>        com/sun/jersey/json/
>

> For Hive, classes belonging to org.bouncycastle:bcprov-jdk15on:1.68 seem
> to be problematic.
> Excluding them on hive-jdbc  might be the fix.
>
>    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-shade-plugin:3.2.1:shade (default) on
> project hive-jdbc: Error creating shaded jar: Problem shading JAR
> /home/rocky/.m2/repository/org/bouncycastle/bcprov-jdk15on/1.68/bcprov-jdk15on-1.68.jar
> entry
> META-INF/versions/15/org/bouncycastle/jcajce/provider/asymmetric/edec/SignatureSpi$EdDSA.class:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 59
> -> [Help 1]

ahh, covered in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-17563  ... the
maven shade plugin needs to be updated to handle the multi-JVM JAR