+1 in understanding where this effort is and what it would take to get this
done. I haven't been intimately involved in Hadoop lately, so I can't speak
to the level of effort. But I can comment on the importance of Hadoop
supporting IPv6 from the customer perspective.

What is the complexity or difficulty of making Hadoop support IPv6?