On Thu, 23 Mar 2023 at 10:07, Ayush Saxena <ayush...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Second idea mentioned in the original mail is also similar to mentioned in
> the comment in the above ticket and is still quite acceptable, name can be
> negotiated though, Add an interface to pull the relevant methods up in that
> without touching FileSystem class, we can have DFS implement that and Ozone
> FS implement them as well. We should be sorted: No Hacking, No Bothering
> FileSystem and still things can work

This is the way we should be thinking about it. an interface which
filesystems MAY implement, but many do not.

this has happened with some of the recent apis.

presence of the API doesn't guarantee the api is active, only that it may
be possible to call...callers should use PathCapabilities api to see if it
is live