Apache Hadoop 3.4.1

With help from Steve I have put together a release candidate (RC2) for
Hadoop 3.4.1.

What we would like is for anyone who can to verify the tarballs, especially

anyone who can try the arm64 binaries as we want to include them too.

The RC is available at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hadoop/hadoop-3.4.1-RC2/

The git tag is release-3.4.1-RC2, commit
b3a4b582eeb729a0f48eca77121dd5e2983b2004

The maven artifacts are staged at

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1426

You can find my public key at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hadoop/common/KEYS

Change log

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hadoop/hadoop-3.4.1-RC2/CHANGELOG.md

Release notes

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hadoop/hadoop-3.4.1-RC2/RELEASENOTES.md

This is off branch-3.4.

Key changes include

* Bulk Delete API. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-18679

* Fixes and enhancements in Vectored IO API.

* Improvements in Hadoop Azure connector.

* Fixes and improvements post upgrade to AWS V2 SDK in S3AConnector.

* This release includes Arm64 binaries. Please can anyone with

  compatible systems validate these.

Note, because the arm64 binaries are built separately on a different

platform and JVM, their jar files may not match those of the x86

release -and therefore the maven artifacts. I don't think this is

an issue (the ASF actually releases source tarballs, the binaries are

there for help only, though with the maven repo that's a bit blurred).

The only way to be consistent would actually untar the x86.tar.gz,

overwrite its binaries with the arm stuff, retar, sign and push out

for the vote. Even automating that would be risky.

Please try the release and vote. The vote will run for 5 days.

Thanks,

Mukund