Stas Oskin wrote:
Hi.

What is the recommended a utility for this?

Thanks.

for those of us whose hosts are virtual and who have control over the infrastructure its fairly simple: bring up a new VM on a different blade with the same base image and hostname.

If you have a non-virtual cluster, you need a machine that you can bring up with that same hostname; either have something sitting around (switched off) waiting for the call of duty, or you rename a node and reboot it.

If you own DNS, bring up all the nodes (and the clients) with the JVM command-line property networkaddress.cache.ttl to to something low (like 60s), and then you should be able to bring up a node with the same name but a different IPAddress. This is useful if you can't control the IPAddr of a node, but you can at least change the DNS entry