gcr44 wrote:
Thanks for the response.

I have already tried moving JobTracker to several different ports always
with the same result.

Chandraprakash Bhagtani wrote:
You can try running JobTracker on some other port. This port might me in
use.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Chandra Prakash Bhagtani,

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 2:58 AM, gcr44 <geoffry.robe...@gmail.com> wrote:

All,

I'm setting up my first hadoop full cluster.  I did the cygwin thing and
everything works.  I'm having problems with the cluster.

The cluster is five nodes of matched hardware running Ubuntu 8.04.  I
believe I have ssh working properly. The master node is named hbase1, but
I'm not doing anything with hbase.

I run start-dfs.sh, Jps shows NameNode running, and the logs are free of
error.  The data nodes, however, appear to be complaining.  "Retrying
connect to server: hbase1"

I run start-mapred.sh, Jps shows NameNode and JobTracker running.

The namenode log says, "jobtracker.info could only be replicated to 0
nodes,
instead of 1".

The jobtracker log says two things of significance:

1. "It might be because the JobTracker failed to read/write system files
(hdfs://hbase1:30000/hdfs/mapred/system/jobtracker.info /
hdfs://hbase1:30000/hdfs/mapred/system/jobtracker.info.recover) or the
system  file hdfs://hbase1:30000/hdfs/mapred/system/jobtracker.info is
missing!"

don't worry about the job tracker until you have HDFS -that is namenodes and datanodes, up and running. Do you have any datanodes up? Because complaints about not enough replication and missing files mean the filesystem isn't live yet