In the 0.20 branch, the common best-practice is to use the old API and
ignore deprecation warnings. When you get to 0.22, you'll need to convert
all your code to use the new API.

There may be a new-API equivalent in org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.output
that you could use, if you convert your Mapper/Reducer instances to new-API
equivalents (org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Mapper/Reducer, as opposed to
old-API org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Mapper/Reducer).

- Aaron