shwitzu wrote:
Thanks for Responding,

I read about HDFS and understood how it works and I also installed hadoop in
my windows using cygwin and tried a sample driver code and made sure it
works.

But my concern is, given the problem statement how should I proceed

Could you please give me some clue/ pseudo code or a design.

I would start the design process the way you would with any other large project

-understand the problem
-get an understanding of the available solution space -and their limitations
-come up with one or more possible solutions
-identify the risky bits of the system, the assumptions you may have, the requirements you have of other things, the bits you dont' really understand -prototype something that tests those assumptions, acts as a first demo of what is possible -or an immediate
-start with the basic tests and automated deployment
-evolve

Plus all the scheduling stuff that goes with it

Asking a mailing list for pseudo code or a design is doomed. Really. This is a major distributed application and you need to be thinking about it at scale, and you need to understand both the user needs and the capabilities of the underlying technologies. Nobody else on this list understands the needs, and there is no way for you to be sure that any of us understand the technologies. Which means there is no way you can trust any of us to produce a design that works -even if anyone was prepared to sit down and do your work for you.

sorry, but that's not how open source communities tend to work. Help with problems, bugs, yes. Design your application -no. You are on your own there.

-steve