Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong but you should very much be able to get the
currently running jobs via the provided API. If you call
JobTracker.getAllJobs() you'll get an array of JobStatus objects, which each
correspond to a job. You can then get the job progress via
JobStatus.mapProgress and JobStatus.reduceProgress.

The one caveat is that you can't link into a running JobTracker, so you only
have access to it if you launch it from your own code. However! You can (and
should) use JobClient (
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.19.1/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobClient.html)
instead to query information about jobs on your cluster. You can instantiate
these objects with some basic configuration information, and then you will
have access to JobClient.getAllJobs much like the aforementioned
JobTracker.getAllJobs.

-Toby