The old API may be deprecated, but it still works and you don't have to change
your code yet.

A later release will remove the old API altogether.  0.20.1+ is a good place to
run your old code and learn some of the newer stuff.

There may be many other features you can get good use of (Schedulers, multiple
tasks per JVM, general performance improvements, etc).
If those features are compelling enough, you might consider an upgrade.