Hi,
For "near" real time performance you may try Hbase. I had read about Streamy
doing this, and their hadoop-world-nyc  ppt is available on their blog:
http://devblog.streamy.com/2009/07/24/streamy-hadoop-summit-hbase-goes-realtime/

Amogh

On 11/25/09 1:31 AM, "onur ascigil" <onurasci...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for your reply! I am running 0.20.1 in pseudo-distributed mode
in Ubuntu.
I want to run interactive jobs with Hadoop and trying to see
if Hadoop is suitable for that purpose or not. I wonder
if there is anybody using Hadoop for interactive jobs where
given a query, output is returned within an acceptable
amount of time. Is Hadoop meant to be used only for batch processing?