On Dec 7, 2009, at 10:44 AM, Prakhar Sharma wrote:

Quite unfortunately, there is no documentation available for PIpes
API. Its not just that, the API itself is quite weak and unstable.

*sigh* I agree that there should be more documentation. I'd love it if someone could write some up and submit it.

Only few examples given in PIpes distro work.

Hmm... If they are broken, please file jira on them. They all used to work fine.

And it appears there are
very few ppl who use Hadoop Map/Reduce through the PIpes API.

Mostly it is used when there is a large base of C++ code to run under map/reduce. The largest Hadoop MapReduce application in the world is a Pipes-based job (Yahoo's WebMap).

-- Owen