On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 1:54 AM, Krishna Kumar <krishna.ku...@nechclst.in>wrote:

> Hi Todd,
>
> Thanks for the reply. Can you please tell me about some more aspects
> which are currently going on hadoop development from where I can
> contribute something, some to do type of things.

Hi Krishna,

Simply check the JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS

There's an ability to search for unresolved issues that are updated
recently, which will give you an idea about what's in progress. You can also
subscribe to various mailing lists which will keep you up to date as people
file new JIRAs.

-Todd