Hi..

I have been trying to setup hadoop cluster using hadoop-0.20.1. Same machine
acts as the namenode and jobtracker. When I start the cluster namenode,
datanode, jt and tt all get started. But when trying to submit a job the
datanode shows *Retrying connect to server error*.
I am trying to submit job as: hadoop fs -put inp input

I tried reformatting the namenode, but that did not help.

*core-site.xml:*
<configuration>
<property>
  <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
  <value>/tmp/hadoop-tmp</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>fs.default.name</name>
  <value>hdfs://cluster:9000</value>
</property>
</configuration>

*mapred-site.xml:*
<configuration>
<property>
 <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
 <value>cluster:9001</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>mapred.map.tasks</name>
<value>6</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>mapred.reduce.tasks</name>
<value>2</value>
</property>
</configuration>

*hdfs-site.xml:*
<configuration>
<property>
 <name>dfs.replication</name>
 <value>1</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>dfs.name.dir</name>
  <value>${hadoop.tmp.dir}/dfs/name</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>dfs.data.dir</name>
  <value>${hadoop.tmp.dir}/dfs/data</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>dfs.block.size</name>
<value>1048576</value>
</property>
</configuration>

plz help... could be any problem with the ports or the network?

--
Anjali M
Student