I was just mentioning that in the sco linux suit , comanies that were
using linux as a fileserver or ftp server were targeted, not only
companies that developed packaged linux.

Relying on a corporation to be  benevolant, is a risk in itself. A
change in management could cause a change in policy.

a decision maker might avoid hadoop as it is more risky to deploy now.
In particular if that company was in some way competitive to google.

I imagine google will make some comment.