On a small cluster, I'm of the opinion that a value less than 3 would
actually be useful in reducing job startup time a little bit.

The issue got stalled a bit. If you want it, pipe up on the JIRA :)
Especially if you have hard data indicating this is a good idea (I
never had the time to really prove it)

-Todd