Hi,
  Thanks for the remarks. One thing about mogilefs, similar to hadoop is
it requires a database and manager object to track the distributed
blocks. This was a design requirement I wanted to avoid, however (and
there are some tradeoffs for it).

But actually, from what I read HDFS divides large files into blocks and
can store redundant copies of files by replicating the blocks.

This is one definition of striping, where each stripe spans multiple
servers with copies of blocks located elsewhere (e.g. stripe 0 and
stripe 1 contain the same blocks but on different servers).

Perhaps HDFS is not exactly like this, but the point of it in RAID and
my system is also the same in HDFS which is fault-tolerance through
redundancy and distribution across servers.

Cheers,
Darren