Hi all,
I just completed my first level of university degree at Politecnico di
Milano Italy (Computer Science Engineering) with a thesis on Hadoop: "log
analysis in the cloud", using and comparing custom log analysis script on
local private cluster (8 nodes of old computers) and AWS EMR hadoop
implementation. I wrote scripts in Pig and Hive and collected results into a
custom web interface.
if you're interested, feel free to ask.

ciao Matteo