Ted Yu wrote:
Hi,
We use nutch 1.0
In nutch, we define the following according to
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-5254:

NUTCH_OPTS="$NUTCH_OPTS -Dhadoop.log.dir=$NUTCH_LOG_DIR
-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl"

But we still see:
ERROR org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration: Failed to set
setXIncludeAware(true) for parser
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.documentbuilderfactoryi...@17fe1feb:java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:
This parser does not support specification "null" version "null"
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: This parser does not support
specification "null" version "null"

Can someone provide hint why the above error still appears ?

Here is the command line (I symlinked jdk's rt.jar as 1rt.jar which appears
before xerces-2_6_2.jar in the classpath):

-not sure that helps, as it complicates factory stuff.

Try

ant -diagnostics, post the results here as that does some XML parser diagnostics work