Hi Abhishek,

This behavior is improved by MAPREDUCE-706 I believe (not certain that
that's the JIRA, but I know it's fixed in trunk fairscheduler). These
patches are included in CDH3 (currently in beta)
http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/

In general, though, map tasks that are so short are not going to be very
efficient - even with fast assignment there is some constant overhead per
task.

Thanks
-Todd

--