> Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 11:03:48 -0400
> Subject: Re: Need a Jira?
> From: esam...@cloudera.com
> To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org

> The reason / problem here is because JobClient is from the old (0.18)
> API and thus has no understanding of Configuration. You can initialize
> a JobConf from a Configuration rather than casting it which avoids the
> cast.
>
> JobConf conf = new JobConf(new Configuration())
>
> This isn't a bug as much as it is confusion between the new and old
> APIs. As the new APIs become more feature complete (probably at or
> around 0.21) the recommendation will be to prefer those. There has
> been discussion around un-deprecating the old APIs.

Well that's why I asked about creating a Jira.
Here's the code ...
jc = new JobClient(new JobConf(conf) );

conf is actually an instance of Configuration which is what we are *supposed*
to use. ;-)

Of course JobConf has an ugly 'strikeout' through it. And that's what I meant
by "ugly".

I wonder if there's a better interface to JobTracker than JobClient planned?
(Not that I'm complaining. It does what I need...)

I would hope that JobClient gets refactored to know about Configuration.. :-)

Thx

-Mike

inbox.