Thanks, Allen, for responding.

So, if I understand you correctly, the dfs.datanode.dns.interface and mapred.tasktracker.dns.interface options may be used to define inbound connections only?

Concerning the OS configuration, my /etc/hosts files assign unique host names to the ethernet and IB interfaces. However, even if I specify the IB host names in the masters and slaves files, communication still occurs via ethernet, not via IB.

Your recommendation would therefore be to define IB instead of ethernet as the default network interface connection, right?

Thanks,

Russ